The live show blog for the veteran live shower. We'll talk about the haps in Region 10. We'll talk about issues around live showing and NAMHSA. We'll dip into my big box of ancient photos and discuss history. It will be a grand old time.

Sunday, May 22, 2011

BOYCC on the wind down

Today is the last day of BOYCC, and the show is sort of starting to roll, a bit late. The plan for the rest of the day is to finish up the CM Glaze stuff, and then head back to Pour Horse for lunch and a mold making workshop. On Friday, one of the workshops was to make a medallion and we'll be making simple molds of these medallions that we get to take home. I also did a china painting workshop that included some samples of paints, so I could take my mold and make some medallions and paint them. My medallion isn't something that I'd consider selling, but it certainly would be a nice giftie type thing for friends and family. I also made a pin and a tile in the china painting class.

This has been a lot of fun...the show is really de-emphasized.

I would love to see more of these immersion type weekends. I've toyed with doing a performance oriented thing, that would include a trip to the Horse Park of NJ for combined driving or something, but I have yet to work it out. I do wonder if the hobby is really ready to take this step. We constantly look for ways to grow, and focus so much on kids, and I am not sure that's the right place to look to the future. If it never rises about plopping a plastic horse on a table, those kids aren't sticking around anyway.

I'll likely ruminate on this more as I fly home tomorrow. And better pictures when I get home!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yes, you may comment anonymously. Comments are moderated to avoid spammers, personal attacks, flaming and the like. Please check all personal agendas at the door, keep your hands inside the car at all times, do not defeat the safety harness and have fun.