The live show blog for the veteran live shower. We'll talk about the haps in Region 10. We'll talk about issues around live showing and NAMHSA. We'll dip into my big box of ancient photos and discuss history. It will be a grand old time.

Monday, September 10, 2012

Baystate Live 2012

This weekend saw Anne Field's Baystate Live--in Spencer. Anne is probably passing this show to someone else, as it is a huge undertaking. Its an all halter format, and it has something for everyone, OF Plastic, OF China, CM china, and split Artist Resin and Custom divisions. EVERYTHING was very competitive, and getting one of the 1-6 ribbons was an accomplishment Saturday. This was a tough show.

It mostly moved quickly--OF plastic halter slowed a little, and Anne asked for volunteer judges to help get out on time (a success) In its defense, OF Plastic did have a larger class list, and still had very full classes. I think it had 4 rings to the other divisions' two, but OF Plastic is just the largest division at ANY show. Its kinda just how it is.

Interestingly, I think the Custom classes were, on average, larger than the Artist Resin classes. I know I pull out older CMs that I would not pull out for combined AR/CM shows (and har, har, perhaps I should leave them home ANYWAY!) but I think I am in the minority on that. I think there are just more customs, and I think people are rolling a lot more of their own.

I did not take many pictures because I was far too busy being social. I did show a ton of stuff (like 75 horses?) but I managed to be a bit more organized than I have been. I have been using spreadsheets for a long time, but at NAN this year, my bestie Heather introduced me to an iPad app called Numbers, and I have been using that. It does not ned the internet to work, and it takes up less space than my old spreadsheets did. It works better for me than what I was doing, so if you have an Apple iOs device, consider it. I am pretty sure Numbers is made by Apple, so it is probably not available for other operating systems.

The only down side was the whole tornado watch thing on the way home. I sat tight in Spencer for a while (I was done showing by 3 or so, but I wanted to go eat with friends, and then did not leave until like, 9) Sort of a drag, and I was exhausted yesterday, but I am back on track today.

Next up....Pint Size Plastic in the Albany area! And a warm up session with the nieces before hand!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yes, you may comment anonymously. Comments are moderated to avoid spammers, personal attacks, flaming and the like. Please check all personal agendas at the door, keep your hands inside the car at all times, do not defeat the safety harness and have fun.