The live show blog for the veteran live shower. We'll talk about the haps in Region 10. We'll talk about issues around live showing and NAMHSA. We'll dip into my big box of ancient photos and discuss history. It will be a grand old time.

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Breyerfest, here we come!

My Facebook feed is full of people wrapping up packing details and hitting the road for Lexington.  Breyerfest gets underway this week.  I'm traveling Wednesday with my bestie, Heather Malone, and my plan is to live blog the trip since the whole cell phone experiment worked.  Plus, we will have an internet connection in the car, so there may be actual posting as we travel from NJ to KY over 12 hours.

I am showing at Breyerfest Live for the very first time this year, and find myself inexplicably nervous.  I don't know why.  I am showing a handful of CM Breyers, but maybe 2 have a real chance of doing much. I also discovered that I do not own a single Traditional CM Breyer that is suitable for performance.  I was shocked.  So I am showing OF performance.  That was where I earned my performance chops in the first place, and this year OF and CM performance are split for the first time ever (typically, they run together) and most of the people I think would give me a run for my money are showing CM.  I am debuting a few-several-new set ups, but this isn't unusual for me.  I've pulled that stunt at NAN before. With good results.

It would seem Breyerfest Live is the last super prestige show I have yet to conquer.  I've judged it before, so I know what it can be like.  And about the only reason I am showing this year is that it is no longer held in the horrible tent, but in a nice, truly air conditioned hall.

But why the butterflies?

1 comment:

  1. I really enjoyed the show last year! Michelle is a good showholder (she was the one who taught all of us in MA how it was to be done), so things run smoothly. You will have fun! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Yes, you may comment anonymously. Comments are moderated to avoid spammers, personal attacks, flaming and the like. Please check all personal agendas at the door, keep your hands inside the car at all times, do not defeat the safety harness and have fun.