The live show blog for the veteran live shower. We'll talk about the haps in Region 10. We'll talk about issues around live showing and NAMHSA. We'll dip into my big box of ancient photos and discuss history. It will be a grand old time.

Monday, July 9, 2012

It's that time of year...

My husband takes Monday off in the summer. Monday is my day off and we go do fun stuff. Last week, work nearly killed me, despite the national holiday in the middle. It just did not end up as a holiday for me. So Friday I begged Dave to give me Monday to prepare for Breyerfest and NAN. All the other times I put aside got eaten by one thing or another, and I had too much to do, including building a marathon harness that has been in the planning stages over a year, and that had, as of this morning, gotten as far as having one piece cut and dyed.

I am happy to report that the most complex part of the harness is done, and the next most difficult bit is underway. I can borrow parts from other harnesses I have (this is when it's great to be a tack whore) if I get in a bind. But I am off this weekend, so I am optimistic about having a 100% new harness for NAN.

My show string is extra light this year, and they are all organized, tacked and packed, except for the harness horse. She has 13 classes at NAN so she gets her own session tomorrow. I did some party shopping for Lexington. I even had time to dink around on Facebook a bit. I think I really love the Pre Breyerfest period now that we have Facebook. I love watching everyone get ready. It almost extends the event for me.

I look forward to a fun, and relaxing time in Lex this year. I am only showing 2 days at NAN. Then I get my Breyerfest volunteer obligation out of the way by judging Breakables Thursday night. I do have SR tickets in the first group to go (debating that Gambler's Choice...other than the Cleveland Bay, I am not really feeling the SRs this year. Please don't be something I hate.) and I am doing Stone Age Live on Saturday, so its really a pretty relaxed Fest this year. I'll have real time to shop!

See you all in about a week!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yes, you may comment anonymously. Comments are moderated to avoid spammers, personal attacks, flaming and the like. Please check all personal agendas at the door, keep your hands inside the car at all times, do not defeat the safety harness and have fun.