The live show blog for the veteran live shower. We'll talk about the haps in Region 10. We'll talk about issues around live showing and NAMHSA. We'll dip into my big box of ancient photos and discuss history. It will be a grand old time.

Sunday, July 22, 2012

The Breyerfest Wrap


It's Sunday afternoon, and I am in a very different Clarion from last night. The flyers on the walls are gone. It's quiet. The pop up vendor that appeared in my hallway has vanished. The conference center is setting up to host some bridal show. My people have left Lexington again, off to their homes with new treasures. I am on the road early tomorrow.

The highlights:

- NAN 2013 is in Harrisburg, PA. Three hours from home. I'll only need to take a day, maybe two, off, instead of a week.
- Apparently some on the west coast have decided to split from NAMHSA over this. I wish them luck- if they can solve the issues of manpower and money all hobby organizations suffer from (RESS, anyone?) we will all benefit.
- There were still shires, Cleveland bays, Cigars and Esprits left in the SR lines. I grabbed a shire.
- NAN itself went off smoothly, and seemed drama free. And it ended at 8 on the first night and 6 on the second. Midnight NANs may be a thing of the past!
- I had fun at the Stone show, and attending the Breyerfest auction.
- Found some very nice glossies to add to my collection. And a Ratrod I plan to performance show the crap out of. And placed an order with Bill Duncan.
- Also found some fun halters and horse blankies for my nieces.
- Lots of time seeing my friends. Lots of excited plotting to hold shows.
- Relatively cool weather!
-I didn't get to watch many of the horse demos, but I did see that woman with the nine Arabian stallions at liberty-amazing!

I don't feel burnt out on the hobby this year. It's been a great Breyerfest. Good to see you all, and hope to see you back here for Denim and Diamonds!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yes, you may comment anonymously. Comments are moderated to avoid spammers, personal attacks, flaming and the like. Please check all personal agendas at the door, keep your hands inside the car at all times, do not defeat the safety harness and have fun.