The live show blog for the veteran live shower. We'll talk about the haps in Region 10. We'll talk about issues around live showing and NAMHSA. We'll dip into my big box of ancient photos and discuss history. It will be a grand old time.

Saturday, February 7, 2015

BCS Winter Photo Challenge!

Hello all! I could not resist Jen Buxton's Winter Photo Challenge, though I fear my time challenged universe may leave this as a late entry. Anyway, enjoy it--I wish I had more time to retake some of these, but the vet gods weren't taking my hobby time into consideration this week.


Vintage


These are my very first Breyer models. I got them for my birthday when I was 5...so they are 40 years old! Their names are Blacky and McTrot, and you can see they are well loved.

Nekkid


Everyone thinks of unpainted resin. Few consider them pole dancing.

Scale Issues


Me too, drafty mare, me too....

I See Spots


I am consider blowing this up as a print for my living room

Unbridled Passion


Model horses, wacky performance set ups, veterinary medicine...yep, all passions.

Rare Breed


The rarest of them all. International multimedia superstar Beowulf, the most famous horseless head in the land.

Portrait

Harpo, Reserve Champion Sport Type English pleasure photo 100_6167.jpg

I don't have a photo of the real Harpo, but he was a charming and patient Belgian/thoroughbred cross owned by the DC of my pony club. Harpo was not much of a looker, but he was kind and gentle, and I always admired him. My Harpo exudes the gentleness of the real one. Of all my models, I would choose Harpo to ride.

Conga


THE GREAT CIRCLE OF ALBOROZO. No, I do not own all of these, they were a conglomeration among my Breyerfest roomies

The Great Outdoors


Snowy Silver Winter Wonderland

Best in Show


This one was my hardest pick. It is my favorite horse, Polka Parr T with just some of his awards in his 15 year show career. No, I will never retire him.

This was super fun, and I hope that someone offers more of these to do!!!

3 comments:

  1. A fellow veterinarian with a hidden model horse habit? I love the surgery room set up.

    ReplyDelete

Yes, you may comment anonymously. Comments are moderated to avoid spammers, personal attacks, flaming and the like. Please check all personal agendas at the door, keep your hands inside the car at all times, do not defeat the safety harness and have fun.