The live show blog for the veteran live shower. We'll talk about the haps in Region 10. We'll talk about issues around live showing and NAMHSA. We'll dip into my big box of ancient photos and discuss history. It will be a grand old time.

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Speaking of specialization...

Well, my original intent was to dig up some photos to post today, but I overslept this morning, so that wasn't happening. And then I checked my email on break and this is what I found in my inbox from both Pour Horse and Velasquez Artistry:

Pour Horse Pottery, Velasquez Artistry & a myriad of other artists are most pleased that we will be bringing back BOYC in May of 2011! Yes, this is going to be BOYC, bigger and better than ever. So big in fact, we are giving it another letter- it will be BOYCC- the "Bring Out Your Chinas Convention!" BOYCC will run on a different format than your traditional show. We will have speakers, workshops and demos interspersed throughout the days, as well as a banquet dinner or two, and lots of other goodies and surprises. It will be a shiny weekend of ceramic immersion!


In order to help us prepare for BOYCC '11, we are planning a benefit day *this year* ! We are happy to announce, "Mud Day" 2010! This will be a more casual get-together for pottery pony fans; filled with games, food, a speaker and a workshop, but it will feature a little show- a "Teeny-Tiny Shiny Show," if you will! The date is set for Saturday, May 29th this year. More info can be found below. Class list & registration will be up & running soon!


Mud Day 2010:
http://www.velasquezartistry.com/boycc1

Well, damn.

I doubt I can make Mud Day at this point (we're already planning a CA trip later this summer) but look at BOYCC in 2011!!  Speakers, workshops, demos!  Like an ACTUAL convention.  I think I might plan to go out to that (I presume there will be separate registrations for the show and the stuff--if not, there should be!) since I doubt I'd ever fly with chinas.  Though I did figure out a way I might be able to get my half dozen CM Glazes into a duffle as carry on.  So maybe.

Its so exciting to be a live show enthusiast.  Really.  People moaning for the good old days are missing out.

So anyway.  Hopefully photos next Wednesday.  If I get my act together the way I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yes, you may comment anonymously. Comments are moderated to avoid spammers, personal attacks, flaming and the like. Please check all personal agendas at the door, keep your hands inside the car at all times, do not defeat the safety harness and have fun.